This is what Harvard Medical School has to say about zinc benefits:
“Helps form many enzymes and proteins and create new cells. Frees vitamin A from storage in the liver. Needed for immune system, taste, smell, and wound healing. When taken with certain antioxidants, zinc may delay the progression of age-related macular degeneration”
Recommended amount 11 mg for men and 8 mg for women
Best forms are chelated zinc (inc. zinc-bisglycinate) or zinc picolinate
Are dreading yearly flu season year after year? I used to. I actually had chronic sinus infection working against me for many years. Would you wish to be a little bit manlier man or more balanced, full bodied woman you deserve to be? Boosting zinc in your system might help you.
I take 30 mg of chelated zinc as a supplement every night before sleep. What zinc does to me? It really seems to increase my sex hormone level a lot. I think that this is one of the reasons I’m able to keep fair amount of muscle mass on with very little training I do. As I noted earlier, I used to have chronic sinus problems and I had many, sometimes severe flues in a year. After taking on zinc supplementation I have noticed that I suffer hardly one flu in a year. That flu is more like a sore throat for couple days which hardly affects my work or life in general. It seems obvious to me that zinc has huge effect on my free testosterone and it works as an amazing antioxidant.
Zinc for me is a part of my night time supplements which also includes magnesium, vitamin-B-complex, selenium and probiotics. Zinc, vitamin-b6 and magnesium acts together as a sex hormone booster. There is even a patented formula for these three nutrients combined, it’s called ZMA, but I prefer to take these all three as a bulk. It’s much cheaper that way. I must say that I really feel the difference in my sex drive when using all these three. My friend, whom to I have tipped this out have told me the same thing.
There is a thing called zinc overdose. If it would be possible money wise or even practical, it would be good to check your zinc levels for couple months and adjust your dosage that way. Now I go by feel as I take that 30 mg chelated zinc and I feel good about that dosage. I think that there is not known store mechanism for zinc in human body so that is the reason why I supplement with zinc every day. Next time I take a blood test I ask for zinc to be tested.
5 top zinc benefits
1. Testosterone boost!
2. Antioxidant benefits
3. No flues
4. Promote my clean muscle mass
5. Supposed cardiovascular health benefits
iHerb supplement reviews Strong daily 10
iHerb supplement benefits:
- Supports my brain health
- Keeps my heart in great condition
- Energizes my mornings
- Seems to regulate my blood pressure
- It’s good for preventing dry eyes
- Prevents skin cancer
- Supports my heart’s autonomic functions
- May prevent a wide range of diseases
- Anti-depression effect
- I don’t get sunburns easily
- Better sleep quality
- Supposed bone health benefits (fracture count 0 after supplement)
- Much better firing musculature
- Lowered blood pressure
- Recovery aid from exercises
- Testosterone boost!
- Antioxidant benefits
- No flues
- Promotes my clean muscle mass
- Supposed cardiovascular health benefits
- Prevents cancer
- Supports my immune system
- Keeps my thyroids healthy
- Protects my brain
- Gives great hair and nails
- Energy level booster!
- Cardiovascular health and longevity
- Increased mental alertness
- Sex hormone boost (along with other supplements)
- Cell level function enhancer
- Cardiovascular health
- Bone density improvement
- Cancer prevention
- Keeps insulin in check
- Supports my longevity goals
- Keeps my heart in great condition
- Less eye fatigue
- Gives me steady energy
- My skin is fabulous!
- Thermogenesis booster (burns calories!)
- Supports my metabolism functions
- Cardiovascular health promotion
- Water and electrolyte balance
- The key to proper thyroid function!
- Increase my red blood cells
- Supposed bone health benefits (Fracture count 0 after supplement)
- Supports my nervous system
- Better mitochondria function
- More efficient energy conversion from oxygen and food.