This is what Harvard Medical School has to say about vitamin K benefits:
“Vitamin K activates proteins and calcium essential to blood clotting. May help prevent hip fractures.”
Recommended amount 120 mcg for men and 90 mcg for women
Best form of vitamin K is K2 MK-7 (Menaquinone-7) and K2 MK-4 (Menaquinone-4). MK-4 forms half-life in body is very short. It only stays active for couple hours. MK-7 is less potent but it stays active for 24+ hours. Your supplement should always contain both forms of vitamin K.
Would you wish to live to 100 or even past that? Wouldn’t you love to spend an active life that reaches far beyond your retirement age? I would. To archive this, you really must take care of your heart and cardiovascular system. Vitamin K is shown to reduce your arterial calcification.
My main reason to take vitamin K is it’s benefits on cardiovascular health. There are additional benefits to take this vitamin. There’s evidence that Vitamin K helps with bone health. It has an important function to keep your calcium at right places in your body. Vitamin K has been proven to prevent hip fractures. This is great! I’d wish that nobody would need to suffer same pain as both of my grandmas did with broken hips. Keeping your bones healthy also prevents osteoporosis.
A number of studies has shown that K1 (Plant K) and K2 (MK-7 and MK-4 [animal K]) prevents cancer. Cancer is what took my, then 93 years old grandma away from our family. Many of us have experienced loss to cancer in our families. This happens often even at much younger age than with my grandma whom had amazing life and over fifteen grandchildren and grand-grandchildren. Almost anything that is clinically proven to prevent cancer is on my playbook of supplementation.
My two good friends, both named Juha and everyone else whom fighting with the cancer at the moment, I wish the best of the forces to be with you. Stay strong!
Another benefits of vitamin K may include, Alzheimer’s decease prevention, insulin sensitivity improvement and vitamin K is an antioxidant.
I take one LifeExtension Super K a day. Amounts of vitamin K (K1 and K2) in this product are kinda huge. Despite that I’m not worried about overdosing this. There has been no studies that shows that natural forms (K1 and K2) of vitamin K would cause toxicity. Never take synthetic form (K3) of this vitamin. Your kidneys does not process synthetic K3 form as it does natural ones. Risk of toxicity symptoms then occur. When taking vitamin K, you should have some markers about your blood clotting. Mine has never been an issue. I take my vitamin K with fish oil to balance blood clotting. Taking K with fish oil or with food is anyways mandatory because vitamin K needs some fat to absorb in the body.
5 top vitamin K benefits
1. Cardiovascular health
2. Bone density improvement
3. Cancer prevention
4. Keeps insulin in check
iHerb supplement reviews Strong daily 10
iHerb supplement benefits:
- Supports my brain health
- Keeps my heart in great condition
- Energizes my mornings
- Seems to regulate my blood pressure
- It’s good for preventing dry eyes
- Prevents skin cancer
- Supports my heart’s autonomic functions
- May prevent a wide range of diseases
- Anti-depression effect
- I don’t get sunburns easily
- Better sleep quality
- Supposed bone health benefits (fracture count 0 after supplement)
- Much better firing musculature
- Lowered blood pressure
- Recovery aid from exercises
- Testosterone boost!
- Antioxidant benefits
- No flues
- Promotes my clean muscle mass
- Supposed cardiovascular health benefits
- Prevents cancer
- Supports my immune system
- Keeps my thyroids healthy
- Protects my brain
- Gives great hair and nails
- Energy level booster!
- Cardiovascular health and longevity
- Increased mental alertness
- Sex hormone boost (along with other supplements)
- Cell level function enhancer
- Cardiovascular health
- Bone density improvement
- Cancer prevention
- Keeps insulin in check
- Supports my longevity goals
- Keeps my heart in great condition
- Less eye fatigue
- Gives me steady energy
- My skin is fabulous!
- Thermogenesis booster (burns calories!)
- Supports my metabolism functions
- Cardiovascular health promotion
- Water and electrolyte balance
- The key to proper thyroid function!
- Increase my red blood cells
- Supposed bone health benefits (Fracture count 0 after supplement)
- Supports my nervous system
- Better mitochondria function
- More efficient energy conversion from oxygen and food.