This is what Harvard Medical School has to say about magnesium benefits:
“Needed for many chemical reactions in the body. Works with calcium in muscle contraction, blood clotting, and regulation of blood pressure. Helps build bones and teeth”
Recommended amount 420 mg for men and 320 mg for women
Best forms are magnesium citrate or magnesium aspartate (aspartate is on a drug list in most European countries, so please check legality before ordering)
Are you troubled with poor sleep, aching muscles, high blood pressure or with restless feet? I have with all of these, but not anymore. Part of my puzzle to get rid of these annoyances was to supplement with magnesium. I hope that you like to read my short description on benefits I felt and I hope that you can experience similar advantages which I did with magnesium.
I take 500 mg (magnesium citrate) as a supplement every night before sleep. I have found that this has a significantly soothing impact on my sleep and it helps a lot to lower my muscle fatigue from exercises. Magnesium has helped me with my muscle relaxation. Once my muscles used to be stone hard in composition, and that I mean in a bad way, aching, prone to strains etc… I was stiff as h*ll. Now days my musculature is softer, elastic, injury resistant and very well-functioning. I have also noticed a great decrease in my blood pressure after starting with magnesium supplementing. Of course magnesium is not a blood pressure med, but you surely want to put your magnesium levels in check if you are suffering from high blood pressure.
Magnesium for me is a part of my night time supplements which also includes zinc, vitamin-B-complex, selenium and probiotics. Zinc, vitamin-b6 and magnesium acts together as a sex hormone booster. There is even a patented formula for these three nutrients combined, it’s called ZMA, but I prefer to take these all three as a bulk. It’s much cheaper that way. I must say that I really feel the difference in my sex drive when using all these three. My friend, whom to I have tipped this out have told me the same thing.
I’m not worried about overdosing magnesium…, thou recommended daily value is lower than my intake, it’s still highly debatable how much magnesium really absorbs from the supplements. In my case the amount of absorbing with an intake of 500 mg of magnesium citrate at nights seems to be the most beneficial. I weigh a very average of 170 pounds (a. 80 kg) clean, mean man mass.
5 top magnesium benefits
1. Better sleep quality
2. Supposed bone health benefits (Fracture count 0 after supplement)
3. Much better firing musculature
4. Lowered blood pressure
5. Recovery aid from exercises
+bonus point for overall calmness
iHerb supplement reviews Strong daily 10
iHerb supplement benefits:
- Supports my brain health
- Keeps my heart in great condition
- Energizes my mornings
- Seems to regulate my blood pressure
- It’s good for preventing dry eyes
- Prevents skin cancer
- Supports my heart’s autonomic functions
- May prevent a wide range of diseases
- Anti-depression effect
- I don’t get sunburns easily
- Better sleep quality
- Supposed bone health benefits (fracture count 0 after supplement)
- Much better firing musculature
- Lowered blood pressure
- Recovery aid from exercises
- Testosterone boost!
- Antioxidant benefits
- No flues
- Promotes my clean muscle mass
- Supposed cardiovascular health benefits
- Prevents cancer
- Supports my immune system
- Keeps my thyroids healthy
- Protects my brain
- Gives great hair and nails
- Energy level booster!
- Cardiovascular health and longevity
- Increased mental alertness
- Sex hormone boost (along with other supplements)
- Cell level function enhancer
- Cardiovascular health
- Bone density improvement
- Cancer prevention
- Keeps insulin in check
- Supports my longevity goals
- Keeps my heart in great condition
- Less eye fatigue
- Gives me steady energy
- My skin is fabulous!
- Thermogenesis booster (burns calories!)
- Supports my metabolism functions
- Cardiovascular health promotion
- Water and electrolyte balance
- The key to proper thyroid function!
- Increase my red blood cells
- Supposed bone health benefits (Fracture count 0 after supplement)
- Supports my nervous system
- Better mitochondria function
- More efficient energy conversion from oxygen and food.